Friday, September 16, 2011

A Happy, USED Creative Space!

A few months back I posted photos of my new craft room. I kept meaning to post additional pictures as the room came together, but an interesting thing happened. My room was not photographable! It had either two modes: 1) It looked exactly like it did in the first photos, and sat there clean and unused, or 2) It was an absolute disaster as I pulled out boxes and boxes of art supplies and photos and tried to make it all fit! I struggled for a while with the chaos, and kept moving things from here to there, back to where it started. I knew a change was necessary... I had to make this room really work for me!

I realized that I needed an additional work surface. One desk simply wasn't enough. I needed a place to make art, and another desk for working on the computer. I also needed a place to use my Cricut. Finally, I decided to focus on what the room really was -- a place to make things in -- and it needed to be functional! I decided to heck with "looking clean and perfect" and went and bought a cute little desk at World Market. It doesn't really match my other furniture in the room, and the space is tight, but guess what? It feels great in there and the room is being used!

Also, I want to show you my slipcovered chair that I ADORE! In previous posts here about my old scraproom, you can see that my chair is actually a pink suede office chair. It just didn't suit my new room. I decided to have a slipcover made, as the pink chair is actually really comfortable. I chose a fabric that was neutral and matched the style of my French pillows on my bench. And of course, us Southern Girls love to have almost everything monogramed... I love how it turned out!

Well, thanks for looking at my crafty fun place, and remember, it's not about how a space looks, but how it makes you feel when you're in it! :)




9 comments:

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice thanks for sharing..

Sherry C said...

It's still looks fabulous; I'm so happy it's working for you now! :)
p.s. love the slipcover.

Anonymous said...

dying over the monogrammed slipcover! what a completely fabulous room. I want to come over :o)

Unknown said...

What a great space for creating! Love your wall color and that old letter file, and of course your gorgeous monogrammed slip cover!

Tracy said...

Thanks so much, Ladies! :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

Looks like a fabulous space!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

gorgeous!!!! and that slip cover...to die for!!!

said...

I love your room and jealous of your natural light! :)

Lisa-Jane said...

Its such a great space. I love your desk, is it from Ikea? I like what you've done with the chair too.