Friday, March 16, 2012

It's a Party... A Pinterest Party!

It's been a while since I've blogged. My apologies. It's been a busy couple of months... School assignments and house projects never end, so we might as well make our own fun, right?! I did exactly that, and I highly recommend it; I had a Pinterest Party!

"What is a Pinterest Party?," you may ask. Well, I adore Pinterest and welcome any occasion to try out some of my favorite pinned recipes and crafty projects. I decided to invite a few friends over and actually make (gasp!) some of the things we all pin! We made several crafts together (see below) and enjoyed a yummy brunch. The conversation was lively, and the food delicious!

~ Menu ~
Sausage & Caramelized Onion Quiche
Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
Blueberry Lemon Cake
Chocolate Strawberry Heart Cake
Pomegranate Mimosas
Chocolate Covered Strawberries


Note: The Fruit & Yogurt parfaits, the Blueberry Lemon Cake and the Chocolate Strawberry Heart Cake were all recipes from Pinterest. I would provide those links for you, but they are not my pins. :( I'm sure we can locate them, though, as we are such good Pinterest sleuths!

As you might be able to tell from the below photos, my Pinterest Party was close to Valentine's Day, thus all the pink and hearts!

This is one of the printables I had waiting for my guests (below photo and pin from http://www.lesscakemorefrosting.com) :


I simply sent the free printable to Walmart to be printed, one for each guest. Then, all they had to do was take it home, frame it and instant home decor!

The craft project we made was inspired by this pin:

Pinned from www.thenshemade.com

Here is my version (actually versions, my 10 year old son helped me make a few test samples!):


Note: I first tried out the project myself, then gathered enough supplies for each guest to make her own tree. It's amazing what you can find at The Dollar Tree! That's where I got the little mini terra cotta pots, the skewers with hearts on the top and the moss.

All in all, it was a great treat to get together with friends, learn a few new things, and of course dish about all our cool Pinterest finds! Although my party had a Valentine's theme, I think you could host one seasonally. In fact, just today I thought how fun a Spring Pinterest Party would be: Spring salads, flowery crafts and cute banners with bunnies. How adorable does that sound?

I hope this inspires you to have a Pinterest Party of your own! Happy Pinning!

6 comments:

rebel red said...

It was so much fun! The themes for Pinterest parties are endless ! Cant wait until the next one . :)

Staci said...

I should be following you! I just posted about my Pinterest fail!

cmcscraps said...

Mission accomplished! Cool idea and great way to have some of my crafty friends over to celebrate them! Think I am going to try and have one with a spring theme. Thanks you are a doll!

Tracy said...

Thanks, Ladies! Yes, a Spring Pinterest Party sounds like a blast! I say, "Go for it!" :)

Anonymous said...

I have yet to attempt any of my Pinterest "to dos". I love this idea though, so I may just attempt it now :)

Becky said...

How much fun! Love all of the projects on your blog!