Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's the Little Things, You Know...

I feel the need to scrapbook! Just pain old scrapbooking -- no Project Life (I'm loving it, but I'm longing for regular 12 x 12 layouts right now!) and no mixed media projects. I've been on a painting/sketching kick for about 6 weeks now and I think it's time to take a break. I miss SCRAPPING!

So, to help me ease into this week of scrapbooking, I've been participating in the talented Shimelle's online crop (and there's still time to particpate! It runs through the end of this weekend!) Here is the challenge, and below, my version. SEE ORIGNAL CHALLENGE HERE


I love this photo from way back when... These two are now teenagers and what I wouldn't do to go back and visit with them at this stage -- they were two and four! Photos like this are the reason I scrapbook. It just totally takes me back in time, and helps me remember the little things. After all, it really is about the little things in life, isn't it?

8 comments:

Madeline said...

Awww...too sweet! I have some young adults that I'd like to revisit as little ones again too. As hectic as they were I miss those days!

Unknown said...

Very cute and simple page--love it

cmcscraps said...

I know what you mean about missing your scrapbook time. I too have been getting crazy about my mixed media classes and need the picture memory fix I get from scrapbooking. Love you layout!

Tracy said...

Thanks so much, Ladies! I miss those days, too, Madeline! They passed so quickly... Oh well, I better just embrace TODAY! :)

Patricia said...

Very cute! Great job on the challenge!

Unknown said...

Sigh...they do grow up too fast, don't they? Love reading your blog because it feels like we are hanging out again!! Just wanted you to know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my post about it at: www.keystrokesandkaleidoscopes.com Kirsten ☺

Tracy said...

Thanks so much, Kirsten! I'm honored! Love your blog, girlie!

Viji Siddharth said...

I love how you did three embellishments and created a visual circle which draws your eye to the photo !