Friday, August 3, 2012

NYC Simple Stories Album: Progress is Being Made!

My NYC vacation album is coming along! I'm really enjoying working with these little mini canvas size openings in the Simple Stories album. Lots of little pockets to fit memorabilia in, yet the versatility of having traditional pages as well! I've really had fun using washi tape and especially the fabric strips from Studio Calico. (I discovered you can easily stamp on the fabric strips! See the "Bon Voyage" close up below.)

As promised earlier, here are some layouts from my album:
More layouts will follow. I've been so busy trying to enjoy these fleeting days of summer with my kids that it's hard to find time to work on my album. However, that's what's really important, right? So, remember to enjoy the journey and know that there will be plenty of time to scrapbook it all later! :)

10 comments:

caz hancock said...

Loving it so far, the colours you are using are fabulous. Can not wait to see more :)

Sparklin said...

Looks like fun!

Jen said...

love the stamping on the fab rips, looks like a great album!!!

laura said...

Terrific job. I just finished a mini for a cruise--but it turned out to be massive, lol. So fat

knjmcdonald said...

Never thought to stamp on Fabrips. Looks good so far. TFS.

Jilliene Designs said...

I love the scary cab ride photo! The album is adorable

Tracy said...

Thanks so much, Ladies! So glad you checked out my blog! More layouts from NYC coming soon! :)

btsoi. said...

Love the colours. Mind if I ask how big it is?

Tracy said...

Btsoi, the album is 6" x 8". It's the Simple Stories mini-album. It's a great size - not too big and not too small! :)

Sandy Ang said...

your vacation mini looks so cool