Thursday, August 9, 2012

So How Do I Print All These Cool Instagram Photos...?

Ever since I got my iPhone, I've been in love with Instagram! I love the way you can edit your photos and give them that "old school" feel, or take a very current photo and add that hipster edge! I have about 80-90 Instagram photos on my phone and every now and then I'd ask myself, "So how do I print all these cool photos?" I'd think about it a while, remember how I don't do well at resizing things on my editing software, then get tired of pondering this mystery..., and start taking more pictures!

A few weeks ago I was looking at my photos from our recent NYC trip and realized how much I really needed those Instagram photos from the trip. I sat down and googled "How to Print Instagram Photos." There were lots of DIY tutorials that involved resizing, home printing, etc. That's so not me! (For those of you who do this, I applaud you!) Finally, I came across Prinstagram (http://printstagr.am/) and I was hooked! You log in with your Instagram account, and the rest is easy-peasy! They offer square prints in multiple sizes, little Instagram photo books, and even little stickers of your photos! (A scrapbooker's delight!) I instantly ordered all the prints I had been needing, and then some.

My package arrived this week from Prinstagram, and I couldn't be more pleased! The cardstock is a very nice weight and the photos are definitely art quality. I love them! (They even arrived in a cute, very sturdy mailer!) Here some of my photos:

Also, last but definitely not least, my other find of the week! The photo below shows my NYC Instagram photos enclosed in one of the brand new Becky Higgins Project Life page protector designed specifically for Instagram photos (beckyhiggins.com) - Genius! It's the perfect addition to your standard 12 x 12 layout, and is pre-punched for a 3-ring album. Love it!

I hope this has inspired you to take that first step and print out your Instagram photos!

10 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Very cool - unfortunately I have a StupidBerry and will have to wait until the end of the year to get an iPhone (if the hubster cooperates! LOL!). Will keep this in mind - great post! Learned a lot. Thanks!

holly* said...

holy smokes this is perfect! i kept waiting for an app (which would still be nice) to print them! i tried resizing in photoshop but got bored after the 3rd photo.

thanks for the link and mini review. off to work on an order!

Tammy said...

Looks like a fun service! I have been printing mine at home but if I ever want to have someone else print, I'll give them a try! :)

SHERRY said...

did they fit perfectly in the page protectors or did you have to trim Thanx Sherry

Tracy said...

Sherry, they fit right in the protector! I didn't have to trim at all. Just took the photos straight out of the mailer and slid them right in the PL page protector! Love! :)

Christina said...

Ohhhh...I've been using Postal Pix, I'm going to check Pinstagram out-those look great!

Mary Jo said...

Definitely going to check this out once I get the new battery for my phone!
I have been waiting on Postalpix to work for Androids, but it looks like Printsagram does already :)

mel said...

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to see if they work for Canadians...
I'd love to get some little stickers. Right now I bring my phone to my local photolab and they print from their kiosk, it's not too bad, but it's not stickers either! ;)

Unknown said...

Hi there! this is such a fabulous idea. Thank you for sharing. Cheers!

- The print instagram photos

Unknown said...

Great post. I hope you write more good stuff like this article.

instagram prints